Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can you help me clear up my issue with audio systems?

So I have had 2 people that have been involved in audio systems for a decent amount of years and they have both given me different answers to my question. I asked, if I were looking to create an audio system in my car that would have an amazing stereo imaging and soundstage effect then how many watts rms should i have going to my subs if i have 50 watts rms going to 4 of my speakers. One person said that it is always best to have as many watts rms to the sub as you do total for all 4 speakers. So that would be 200 watts rms to the sub if i had 50 watts rms going to the speakers. The other person said that it is always best to have double the amount of power to the sub/s as you do the speakers. So that would be 400 watts rms. I'm not a bass enthusiast or anything. I am just trying to create an environment that will give my music a ';real';, ';life-like'; feel to it. I want my music to seem as if i were sitting front stage of the band. I want to be able to hear every note the way that it should be heard. So i guess my ultimate question is: Which one is right?





Thanks in advance to anyone that helps out.Can you help me clear up my issue with audio systems?
the first one is correct, in a perfect install. if the subwoofer is going to be in the trunk or it is going to be behind the back seat you are going to want more power.


I would suggest that you have more power rather than less because you can always turn down a larger amp to match what you want. if it is too small you are just stuck with it.Can you help me clear up my issue with audio systems?
go with the lower wattage it will be right for what you are looking for, higher wattage means louder and more hard hitting bass
Neither is Correct... and Both are Correct...





Since the Subs .. are on low frequency it Truly doesn't mattery how much power they have as long as it's the correct power...


Meaning the Amp and the Subs have the same RMS input/output.


If you got a 400w RMS Sub which is probably 1100W Max.


Then you need a 400W rms Amp to drive it.





So if your going to get subs it really depends on what you want your subs to do do you want to feel it in your seat subs (Thump) or do you want fast beat subs... Different subs do different things and cost different amounts of money.


oh and in all honestly if your looking for theater like sound why are you letting your deck drive your speakers... You should have an Amp on those speakers in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment