Friday, February 19, 2010

How can I get clean clear audio for my HDR-SR1 camcorder? XLR adapter needed?

I have the Sony HDR-SR1 camcorder and I want to get a great microphone for clean clear audio. I heard that attaching microphones to the mic input jack is not as good as getting an XLR microphone and adapter for the camera. Is this true? Can someone explain or link some info on what microphone and adapter(if needed) I need to have to get superb audio? Thanks for any help.





My camera - http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-HDR-SR1-Camcorder-Review.htmHow can I get clean clear audio for my HDR-SR1 camcorder? XLR adapter needed?
I have used the Sony Bluetooth wireless microphone with the HDR-SR1 with great results. It has a mount that goes in the hotshoe on top of the camcorder and then you clip on the microphone to whoever you are trying to record. It works well over 50 feet from the camcorder and you don't have to deal with wires or things coming unplugged while you are recording.





Here's more on my experience with this microphone and the HDR-SR1:





http://www.jakeludington.com/camcorder/2鈥?/a>How can I get clean clear audio for my HDR-SR1 camcorder? XLR adapter needed?
XLR Microphones are typically considered professional microphones because the connector and wiring allow for better signal quality. As far as what microphone and adapter do you need to get ';superb'; audio, it really depends on what you plan on using the microphone for, and how much you are willing to spend. Professionals mics start at about $50 and up to well over a thousand of dollars. Adding a professional mic will definitely help, but I don't believe you will get professional quality audio out of your camcorder.





What are you planning to record?


How close will the mic be to the recording?


What is your price range or budget?


What is it that you don't like about the current sound?


Is someone going to hold the mic, will it be stand mounted, or do you plan on attaching it to the camera some how?


Here is a link with some more info:


http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/review_shotgun_mics.html
The camera is great and all but the sound doesn't pick up alot so I bought stuff from Best Buy and it was great so check out BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment