Friday, February 19, 2010

How Can I Clear Up The Audio Quality On My Live Internet Radio Broadcasts?

I host a live internet radio show on www.blogtalkradio.com and recently, I've noticed that the audio quality of my more recent shows isn't as clear as that of my older shows, (for example, show 31, sounds slightly tinny compared to show 5), if you search fr ';Scott Bull';, you'll be able to hear what I mean.





Recently I do have a new computer, but all of the equipment I use is more superior, for example, for the 5th show, I was using a Packard Bell W1801 and just the on-board Realtek soundcard, however, for the more recent shows, I've been using a Packard Bell iMedia 2770 and a CreativeLabs USB SoundBlaster Audigy 2 NX, (when using the internal sound-card, it came out all warped and distorted).





I host the show via Skype(Out).





Is there any software I can use that I can route the signal through before it goes through Skype to clear it up, or anything like that?





The show quality is still fairly clear, just not as clear as it was, and clear audio is always nice for listeners.How Can I Clear Up The Audio Quality On My Live Internet Radio Broadcasts?
Your hardware has nothing to do with the audio quality of your broadcast. It's all about your upstream bandwidth. If you want clearer audio broadcast, you need to setup the audio quality broadcast higher.. but the higher the audio quality, the bigger bandwidth it uses.. the more users tune to it, the more bandwidth is needed.





DSL and Cable internet is not an ideal connection if you want to broadcast high quality music. To minimize quality problems, try experimenting to limit the number of connections to your broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment