Friday, February 19, 2010

What do I need for loud, clear computer audio?

I'm interested in upgrading my sound system for my computer. I listen to hours of music on my computer every week and I like it loud. I listen to mostly hip-hop and rock, so bass is important. I want to know the cheapest way to get a loud, very clear sound system. Also, a short list of all the necessary components would be nice. (ex. subwoofer, sound card, etc.) I am also capable of building a system if Iam given instructions or told at least what to build. I have access to capacitors, wiring, magnets etc. Any tips or brand suggestions, or advice will be appreciated.What do I need for loud, clear computer audio?
There is nothing special about the audio coming out of your sound card. Invest in a good stereo system and good speakers. Your biggest task will be to adapt a cable that fits into the sound card's output in order to fit the line / tuner input of the amplifier.What do I need for loud, clear computer audio?
What is your price range? You can get a cheap ($30) 2.1 channel speaker system from radioshack, which is OK. If you are willing to spend a little more, then I would recommend getting a sound system with S/PDIF if your sound card supports it. S/PDIF is a pure digital signal, so it sounds better. Whatever you do, get a system with a large subwoofer. Also look for how many watts the system has, because generally, the more watts the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment